Thursday, July 5th, 2018
As JV 2018 draws to an end, we would like to recap a number of the great things campers experienced over the past 2 weeks.
- 25 chapel sessions of teaching and worship
- 26 times of personal and small group devotions
- A service project where we assembled care packages and wrote letters to members of the military
- 10 team challenges including athletic competitions, skits, and the zip line
- 2 special team challenges including the JV Olympics and the Sandcastle building contest
- Minute to Win It Competitions during lunch
- Weekend activities including the night game, Hobo Breakfast, Solid Rock Café Talent Show, and Messy Games
- 4 skill activities including waterskiing, boating, riflery, archery, leathercraft, mountain biking, group games, and the challenge course
- 5 different optional evening tournaments including Gaga Ball, Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, Grizzball, and Nuke Em
- 2 off-camp trips where we visited Sugarloaf Mountain, Wetmore Landing, and Au Train Beach
- 3 evening campfires with snacks, worship, and sharing
- Free time for swimming and visiting the trading post and pine post
- Yet more important than all of this, counselors have shared that many campers are asking tough questions and making serious steps in their spiritual development. It’s our prayer that JV 2018 powerfully impacts the life of your camper.
On a practical note, if you regularly send emails to your camper on the UPBC website, please don’t send any additional emails after 11 am EST tomorrow (Friday, June 6th). We want to make sure your messages are printed and delivered before camp ends.